“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Complete mold removal isn’t possible. Many companies use the terms “mold removal” and “mold remediation” interchangeably, but if anyone promises absolute mold removal, know it isn’t possible.
- Mold is a natural part of the environment.
- Mold is necessary. Penicillium Mold is used to create the antibiotic Penicillin!
Mold Remediation in Dallas
Mold becomes a problem when an infestation occurs and causes mold symptoms or toxic mold (Stachybotrys) grows. In these situations, professional mold remediation is necessary.
Suspect Mold? Free Mold Inspection in Dallas
Contact Us and let us know what you are experiencing. We will get in touch quickly.
Do I Need Mold Cleanup?
If left alone with a source of food, mold will continue to grow. Eventually, the mold will eat the surface it is on, including construction materials. We recommend mold removal from a licensed Texas mold remediation company if:
- If you visibly see mold.
- You or another person staying in the Dallas property is experiencing mold symptoms.
- You had previous water damage that was not remediated professionally.
- If you had a prolonged, undetected roof leak or pipe leak.
- If you attempted DIY mold remediation unsuccessfully.
- If you find mold on your clothes or other textiles. These are remediated using the Esporta Wash System.
Full-Service SERVPRO in Dallas
We are one of the SERVPROs in Dallas capable of handling every portion of your mold remediation project from HEPA Air Filtration to Remediation to Reconstruction.
We’re ready to help.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (972) 986-7677
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (972) 986-7677
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of North Irving is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2210 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.