Garage Requires Fire Damage Restoration in Dallas
What is Fire Damage?
Fire damage is damage caused to a property as a result of any kind of fire. Fire damage restoration involves smoke odor deodorization, soot cleanup, HEPA air filtration, carpet restoration, textile cleaning, electronics cleaning, and oftentimes it also includes demolition, air duct cleaning, moving services, contents cleaning, ULV fogging, ozone deodorization, and reconstruction.
A full-service fire damage restoration company can complete every portion of fire damage, while most restoration companies handle only one or some of the necessary steps needed for a complete restoration.
Causes of Fire Damage
In the 30+ years we have serviced our hometown of Dallas Fort Worth, we have helped many families and businesses restore their properties after fire damage. Fire damage can be as small as smoking the kitchen after burnt toast, to complete home reconstruction after a widespread fire. We have also seen fires start after many reasons, including:
- Electrical fires.
- Cooking fires (most popular during Thanksgiving and Christmas).
- Candle fires.
- Cigarette fires.
- A fire caused as a result of an errant firework.
Fire Damage Board-Up
When an accidental fire set this homeowner’s garage on fire, the first step of the restoration process is board-up. When we board-up a property, we are installing temporary barriers on top of damaged portions of the structure in order to prevent weather from entering the property and to help prevent theft. Usually, board-ups include doors, windows, and the roof. In this instance, it included an entire garage door.
Board-ups are necessary because filing a homeowner’s insurance claim for fire damage restoration can sometimes be a lengthy process, and it’s the responsibility of the homeowner to protect their property to help prevent secondary damage. When you can’t rebuild your structure overnight, board-ups are the right way to start a restoration.
The Fire Damage Restoration Process
The process to restore a home after a fire depends on the type and severity of the fire. Every property is different, although some general guidelines apply:
- Complete emergency fire board-up services.
- File a homeowner’s insurance claim and get insurance adjuster approval for restoration. SERVPRO of North Irving is an approved restoration company for most insurance in DFW. We can help you begin your claim -- just ask us for guidance, and we’ll be there for you.
- Inspect the property for damage and restoration planning.
- Moving services - if necessary, your items will be moved to our cleaning facility for cleaning and storage until your property is also restored.
- Complete cleanup and deodorization of all the property, including all the contents inside.
- Complete a home inventory list to alert your adjuster of what items need to be replaced.
- Reconstruction (if necessary).
- Move back and unpacking.
To learn more about our fire damage process, read our article.
Help Prevent Home Fires
The National Fire Protection Association has great resources that help everyone prevent fires. We recommend reading their guides to best prepare your home and guard against fires.
A Trusted Leader in Damage Restoration
SERVPRO of North Irving has been a trusted fire and water damage restoration company in North Texas for over 30 years. We are a full-service SERVPRO in Dallas that can help and guide you through every step of the restoration process, no matter the size or kind.
Call or contact us today. We’re ready to help!